Friday, April 23, 2010

"Election day"

re: Election day
Kick Boxaah xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx
Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM
To: chapelguardian@gmail.com

Chapel Guardian:

Thanks for posting your info about the election on April 18.

Unfortunately, I can vouch for the accuracy of what you reported based on my experience that day.

I personally have nothing against the Friends of Chapel people and I don't really know a lot of them. But their hisses at me as I walked to the podium to give my 30-second statement were a shabby and immature way to treat a child of chapel. (I first experienced chapel as a child when my mom started there in 1975-76.) Their schoolyard display didn't hurt me, but the intent seemed clear.

I didn't expect to win, but I chose to clap for them when they did, in good faith. I even had a nice conversation with Rev. Nell Rose Smith afterward, and Rev. Don Miller and I had a nice exchange as we all signed in.

But with the overall behavior I witnessed, and now the postings on the Friends blog, I have lost whatever faith I had in this group's good intentions and abilities. I really hope that faith can be restored because ultimately I believe in the goodness of human nature.

(I give Chapel Guardian permission to post this.)

Thanks,
Roman Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment