Saturday, May 22, 2010

A good bye post

from xxx@xxx.xxx
to Chapel Guardian chapelguardian@gmail.com
date Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM
subject A good bye post

[PLEASE PUBLISH AS ANONYMOUS]

Chapel Guardian,

From what I have been able to observe, it seems much the same mistakes (or call them in Chapel terms "sins"--falling short of universal laws such as non-interference, no distractions, moderation, and self-responsibility, as well as non-conformance to community spirit, bylaws, and court rulings) which some feel Rev. Ann Lorenzini and Rev. Barbara Koenig may have made which may have contributed to the "fall" of Chapel through 2009, are now being repeated this year by the majority of the new Board in their effort to bring "Peace, Love and Harmony" to Chapel, members, and visitors.

(The quote "Peace, Love and Harmony" is from a sign off to a May 20 email by Rev. Sherry DeLoach 1st Vice Chair, forwarded to me by another anonymous individual for my information. I appreciate knowing what is going on at "my" Chapel.)

Some may say this proves nothing good can come of these sins, so the new order will fail or should be overthrown. Others may say nothing wrong is being done, or what is done is necessary for re-establishment of heaven on earth. One person has little input or ability to undo what has been or change what will be done. So I agree with neither extreme. I wish all the best. I seek to forgive past sins. But I will forget nothing.

I conclude, without anger or sadness, that religion and spirituality are great, good, beautiful, and powerful forces and things. Problems arise when humans become involved.

I thank Chapel Guardian blog for providing alternative information and opinion to Friends of Chapel. I see both sites as imperfect, slanted products, but have appreciated being able to read and learn from each. Thank you and good bye (Spirit be with you).

No comments:

Post a Comment